We take responsible retailing of alcohol very seriously. We are committed to maximising alcohol awareness for the benefit of our customers and our employees.
How much is too much?
The government advises that people should not regularly drink more than their daily unit guidelines:
- Men: 3-4 units of alcohol
- Women: 2-3 units of alcohol
This advice applies regardless of how often you drink alcohol; you shouldn’t interpret the guidance as allowing you to “save up” your units so you can drink them all on a Friday night.
What is a unit?
The size and strength of your drink will determine the number of units it contains. It’s not quite as simple as one drink, one unit – a glass of wine can range between just over one unit and more than three units depending on the size of the glass and type of wine.
Remember, when you’re drinking at home, you tend to pour measures that are larger than you get in your local.
- We do not sell alcohol to anyone that we believe to be intoxicated.
- We always ask for a recognised form of ID when we have reason to believe that the customer or person receiving goods may be under the age of 18.
- We do not sell alcohol to customers whom we suspect of passing alcohol to under 18s.